– Photo courtesy Dick Williams
Gunnison Sage-grouse Sisk-a-dee Sunrise Programs
April 4-5, 2024
April 9-10, 2024
Sisk-a-dee will offer two guided tours in 2024. Please contact Colorado Parks and Wildlife to make a reservation. After making your reservation, a $25 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your reservation. This will be sent to Sisk-a-dee at 323 N. Wisconsin Street, Gunnison, CO 81230
The first date includes an evening presentation about the ecology and conservation of the Gunnison Sage-grouse, followed by a morning viewing at the Waunita Watchable Wildlife Site.
Directions to navigate CPW Webpage to purchase SWA Pass:
- Click on the link above to take you to the CPW webpage.
- In the blue header on the CPW webpage, choose “Buy and Apply”
- Select the box indicating State Wildlife Area (SWA) Pass
- A box appears asking you to input your Age, a second box asks you to indicate your residency status
- Then click “GO”
- A menu appears on the left side of the page, choose “Land and Trails”
- Then you have the option of buying an annual SWA pass or a daily SWA pass.
Meet in Hurst Hall room 130 at Western Colorado University at 6:30 pm for the evening program
For the morning lek viewing, be prepared and wear warm clothing (average temperature is 20 F), bring a blanket or sleeping bag to sit on, bring a headlamp, and it is best to have a spotting scope and tripod. The grouse are more than 1 km away. It is not advised to drink coffee or other drinks in the morning as we will not have access to a bathroom until after the grouse have finished their displays.